Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Maiden Voyage

This is my first blog. Ever.  And as I write it I have no idea what it will look like.  I know I don't want it to be about things I did today or what my favorite ice cream is.  I want to try and challenge myself to share my perspectives on a genuine walk with Jesus Christ. I am not saying that I will always be right or that you should take my advice or anything of the sort. Instead if you find yourself reading this blog and agree or disagree with anything that is said then I encourage you to think on those things and form your own opinions.  And after that, search the text and your heart and find the truth that comes with reading the bible.  I encourage you to dive deep into your heart and wrestle with your desires, truths, will and comforts.  And pray that God would reveal to us his desires, truths, will, and his ways.  I have one desire above all else, just as Jesus was perfectly submitted to God I want to strive for the same thing every single day.  I realize I can't do it through my own power and that most of the time I try to work so hard to conform him to my will and it just ends up being a gigantic mess.  But that is the endless beauty of an honest relationship.  I try and fail over and over.  And when I can't work anymore God rebuilds my broken, failing heart with His perfect and steadfast love.  I can take comfort because I know not only is God the author of my salvation but he is the perfecter of my faith.  And he will continue to perfect me until the day that I die and I can't thank him enough.  With all that being said I suppose that is what this blog will be about.  

No comments:

Post a Comment